7 Reasons to Plan Your Family Vacation to the Lake of the Ozarks
Summer is almost here, and the Lake of the Ozarks should be your next vacation spot. Our Lake of the Ozarks attractions are here to help make your family getaway unforgettable! There is a ton of fun waiting for you and your family at the lake. If you have not started planning your trip to the best lake in Missouri, here are 7 of our Best Lake Attractions to make your stay memorable!
1. Explore Bridal Cave
2. Catch Some Waves at Big Surf WaterparkThe fun is never ending at Big Surf Waterpark. Opening day is on May 29th and summer is the perfect time to soak up the sun at this Lake of the Ozarks waterpark. With a wide variety of rides and attractions, kids and adults of all ages love spending time at Big Surf! If you are looking for a fun, relaxing, and thrilling experience all in one day, then check out these featured Big Surf attractions:
- Zambezi Falls – Exhilarating four-story drop down Big Surf’s famous halfpipe
- Lazy River – Relax your way down 600 feet of pure enjoyment
- Wave Pool – Our 375,000-gallon pool generates waves up to three feet tall
- The Rapids – Whirl and twirl your way down the white-water rapids at Big Surf
- Space Bowl- Our space bowl drops you from a sweet, swift slide into a 30-ft wide bowl
- Activity Pool- A 4-ft deep pool for all ages that features two tube slides, a basketball goal, and the well-known lily pad bridge
3. Eat & Play at Bear Bottom Resort
Bear Bottom Resort is open for the season and is a place for the entire family to love. The resort is beautifully located on the water featuring both covered and open-air seating where you can catch some of the best sunsets. Hangout for the day while being treated by an incredible lake view, tasty eats, live music, and waterslide fun for the kids! This waterfront restaurant at the Lake of the Ozarks is the perfect spot for good eats and cold drinks this summer!
4. Jam Out at Ozarks Amphitheater
The best outdoor live music venue in Missouri is so excited for this summer! Conveniently located in Central Missouri at the Lake of the Ozarks, this open-air venue is a perfect way to catch a concert with friends and family. Ozarks Amphitheater should be on your itinerary when planning a trip to the Lake of the Ozarks. Be sure to head over to https://ozarksamphitheater.com/ and get your tickets for our incredible concert lineup this year:
- May 22 – Aaron Lewis
- June 19 – Jamey Johnson & Whiskey Myers
- June 25 – Rodney Carrington
- July 4 – REO Speedwagon
- July 9 – Jon Pardi
- August 11 – Shinedown
- September 17 – Three Dog Night
- October 2 – The Avett Brothers
Stay tuned for more concert announcements!
5. Nature Awaits at Ha Ha Tonka State ParkCan you think of anything better than 15 miles of winding trails taking you past a spring, a castle, caves, a natural bridge, and the lake? Ha Ha Tonka State Park is a state-owned, public recreation area surrounding the Niangua arm of the Lake of the Ozarks. If you are looking for an adventure, then your entire family is sure to enjoy a day spent at the best state park in Missouri.
6. Cruise Down the Bagnell Dam StripThe Strip is the place to be. You have not fully experienced the Lake of the Ozarks until your family spends an afternoon browsing shops, playing in the arcade, grabbing some ice cream, and checking out the newest outdoor ropes course on the Bagnell Dam Strip. Our Best Lake Attractions are waiting for you and your family to create the best memories. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy The Strip:
- People Watching
- Great Drinks
- Live Music
- Family Activities
7. Fun on the Lake
If you are planning a family vacation to the Lake of the Ozarks, you cannot miss out on all the lake fun! The best destination in Missouri easily appeals to all outdoor lovers. The Lake of the Ozarks is the perfect family getaway where you can do it all. Whether you want to go boating, swimming, fishing, kayaking, eat great food, or catch the best sunsets of your life; then get ready for a trip to the lake this summer!
What are you waiting for? Give your family something to get excited about. Make plans to visit the best attractions at the Lake of the Ozarks when planning your next family vacation. Our Best Lake Attractions are thrilled to help your family make unforgettable memories at the lake!